15/05/2020 Senior Bartender of Nolita Social at Bulgari Hotel London shares his top five things he likes to notice while bartending.
He is the Senior Bartender of "Nolita Social" at Bvlgari Hotel London. An Italian and have been working in the hospitality industry for almost 14 years. he has been lucky enough to work a bit around the world and had an amazing time in Australia and currently in London right now. In Italy he worked for 6 years in one of the best cocktail bars of Milano, which is called "Lacerba" and he was the Head Bartender of the Skyline Bar at the Hilton Hotel Molino Stucky in Venice. He is really passionate about his job, he sayd " hospitality is a way of living life, not only a job. its something you have to feel inside your soul". His goal is to let his guests live an amazing experience, make them feel home at any time and any situation. To him this is what will make them remember you and your bar, of course keeping a high-quality standard in terms of offer and service.
Let's see the 5 things he definitely notices!
During my experience I have learned that it is important to evaluate your guest, a few things that I really care about are:
1. Remember their names, there is no better thing rather than enter a place and be called by your name!
2. Rather than remember the usual drink choice of my guests, I prefer to remember which are their tastes in order to suggest always something different but going along with their preferences.
3. It is very important to keep an eye on guests during all their stay, even while you are evening a chat with someone else, always look around from time to time to anticipate any guests' need and surprise them. Reading the body language of the guest is fundamental.
4. Even when I’m busy, I always try to make eye contact with new guests entering the place, so they know they have been noticed and someone will be soon taking care of them
5. More related to the bar than the guest, it is very important to be clean and organize behind the bar, being able to serve more guests at a time, faster and better, always with style.