20/07/2020 Check out London Spirits Competition announcing Top spirits to drink in 2020
London, July 20 – At the third annual London Spirits Competition, which took place in London on July 7-8, spirits from all over the world participated. More than 1000 spirits were tasted by top bartenders and spirits buyers.
Spirits were judged on the basis of three primary criteria – quality, value, and packaging – and then scored on a 100-point scale. Spirits that scored 90+ points were awarded Gold medals, while spirits that scored 76 to 89 points were awarded Silver medals. The primary reason for using three criteria rather than just one was to focus on the overall drinkability of each spirit. As a result, the judging panel ranked spirits not just by how they taste, but also their overall presentation and appearance in the bottle. In addition, judges assessed spirits on their relative value in relation to their peers, as determined by retail pricing.
London competitions staff picture
The London Spirits Competition is organized by Beverage Trade Network, which organizes alcohol beverage industry events all over the world. The goal of this event was to judge spirits the way consumers judge them.
Spirit Of The Year - St. Kilian Signature Edition FOUR by St. Kilian Distillers GmbH scoring 97 points making it the top score in the 2020 London Spirits Competition
At the judging session, judges tasted and scored spirits on a blind basis before seeing bottles and marking them for on-shelf appeal as well as value for money. This enabled them to come up with an overall score that reflects their overall drinkability.
Here are the results highlights
By Spirits Types:
- Spirit Of The Year - St. Kilian Signature Edition FOUR by St. Kilian Distillers GmbH
- Vodka Of The Year - G52 Botanical Vodka - Fresh Citrus by Glasgow Distillery Company
- Rum Of The Year - Substation 41 by Pinnacle Drinks
- Tequila Of The Year - Cutwater Tequila Reposado by Cutwater Spirits
- Gin Of The Year - Barossa Distilling Barrel Aged Gin by Barossa Distilling
- Whisky Of The Year - St. Kilian Signature Edition FOUR by Kilian Distillers GmbH
- Distillery Of The Year - St. Kilian Distillers GmbH
Country Category Winners:
- Australia - Substation 41 by Pinnacle Drinks
- Germany - Signature Edition FOUR by St. Kilian Distillers GmbH
- Mexico - Cutwater Tequila Reposado by Cutwater Spirits
- Denmark - Fary Lochan Single Malt Whisky by Fary Lochan Destilleri A/S
- United States - Petoskey Stone Gin by High Five
- United Kingdom - The Whisky Baron Glenrothes by The Whisky Baron
- Ukraine - The Inked Collection Wild Cranberry by Nemiroff
- Canada - Georgian Bay Vodka by Georgian Bay Spirit Co.
- Italy - JAMAICA White Pot Still by Rum Nation
- France - Courvoisier Napoleon Fine Champagne Cognac by De Kuyper Royal Distillers
- Spain - Ron Aldea Familia by Destilerías Aldea, S.L.
By Judging Category:
- Best Spirit By Quality - Fary Lochan Danish Single Malt
- Best Spirit By Value - St. Kilian Signature Edition FOUR
- Best Spirit By Package - St. Kilian Signature Edition FOUR
For more information on the London Spirits Competition, please see: www.londonspiritscompetition.com
For more information on Beverage Trade Network, please see: